Two music related posts in a row – I believe this is an AlissaJean record…
Talk That Talk came out from Rihanna this past Monday. If it were a lesser album, the amount of play time I have given it in the past week would have killed it already, but…. it’s NOT a lesser album. It’s 15 tracks of awesome Rihanna-ness. Here’s the scoop:
- You Da One – A happy, bouncy song. Grows on you.
- Where Have You Been – One of my favorites. Strong vocals with some DUB in the mix. Addictive beats.
- We Found Love – The radio single lives on. Still great.
- Talk That Talk – Title track with Jay-Z, another one that gets the repeat button. I’m betting this will be another radio hit. Jay-Z’s opening verse is a little weird but the Rihanna nails the rest of it, especially the bridge around 2:15.
- Cockiness – Where the “explicit” tag comes in full force maybe? The whole song is some delicious dirtyness… clever 😉 Unique beats too.
- Birthday Cake – Ultimate tease here, Rihanna. Awesome intro… to a fade out. Hoping she puts out the whole song soon.
- We All Want Love – Kinda boring. Too Kelly Clarkson, but nice and sweet if you’re into that.
- Drunk On Love – Another slower one, but with much more soul than the previous track and killer vocals. Two thumbs up.
- Roc Me Out – Classic catchy chorus, solid verses. I like the music production on this one. Way catchy. Did I already say that?
- Watch N Learn – Weak intro but if you resist the urge the urge to skip ahead in the first five seconds you get some good Rihanna dirtyness
- Farewell – Another Kelly-ish song, but pretty solid. Radio friendly.
- Red Lipstick – Some diiirty beats here! If you like dubstep this will be your FAVORITE track.
- Do Ya Thing – Obnoxiously catchy and fun. You can’t help but like it. Again, intro is the weakest part, just get past it.
- Fool in Love – A good slow one… not my favorite but if you like the whole singing-to-your-parents thing, this’ll get you.
- We Found Love – remix – She ends with the radio single… predictable!!! I would have preferred if she ended with the full version of Birthday Cake, personally. Or at least made the remix a little more re-MIXED than the original, but she forgot to ask me.
Talk That Talk All In All – lots of different sounds, most of them good ones. Get it. If only so that you can sing along with me 😉